- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups mixed dried fruit (raisins, currants, candied fruit, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon zest (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9-inch (23 cm) loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in the mixed dried fruit, vanilla extract, and lemon zest (if using).
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then remove it from the pan and transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Enjoy your homemade Polish fruitcake “Keks”!